Chuchi Chaechschtli.... What?

This is my journal, as a 37 year old mom of two, that tries to balance, family and every thing else, life trows at me.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Knitting news...

After a very long while, I picked up Eris the cardigan I am knitting. You wanna know how long? It's been almost a year since I picked up any knitting.
Anika and I had a girls night, she decided that she wants to learn how to knit, so off I went in search for a suitable yarn and needles. I cast on 20 stitches and knitted a couple of rows, thats exactly what my Handworking teacher in Switzerland did. The first project we knitted was a Kitten. So I showed Anika a picture of it, in my Handworking book, that my mom actually managed to get for me. Aniks was excited, so this is the plan, we are going to try and knit each night for 30mins. I told her that the more she practices the better she will get.
This is so exciting, I am so thankful that my mom, taught us how to knit. She even taught herself to knit backwards, cause she thought it would make things easier for me as a lefty. But comes out, I knit the regular way. Now I can teach my daughter to knit and hopefully one day she will teach her children.
On Eris I had to frog the sleeve cause I missed a stitch and after such long time, well I was not in the mood to find it. So I undid the sleeve and started a new. I hope to knit a bit more tonight.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:09 PM, Blogger Spike said…

    Awesome news..feels great when your daughter wants to learn. Sheridan tried last year but got frustrated. I didn't push. This morning she asked if I would try to teach her again :-) She will get it in her own time I know and so will Anika.

     
  • At 4:39 AM, Blogger Cathy said…

    Dana has a bright blue skein of yarn and size US 8 needles tucked in her bedroom, when she's really bored she works on her knit stitch. I don't push her either, just let her play. I'm a lefty too and knit in the regular way, makes it so much easier when someone asks you to teach them to knit!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home