Chuchi Chaechschtli.... What?

This is my journal, as a 37 year old mom of two, that tries to balance, family and every thing else, life trows at me.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

being thankful...

Had a lovely thanksgiving. My husbands parents are visiting, they came on the 18th and are leaving in the morning. Anika is enjoying her time with grandma and is allready asking about when we are going to visit them during Christmas break. I am being thankful that they are here, my husband and I got to do thing together without the kids and we really needed it. I am thankful to have them here so our kids can enjoy their grandparents.
We had a wonderful dinner, I cooked a turkey, mashed potatos, buttermilk cornbread dressing, green bean casserole, glazed rosemary carrots, a 24hrs layer salad, rolls and of course Pie. Cherry, Pecan and Pumpkin to be exact. Thanksgiving is growing on me, especially since we have kids, it's not a holiday we celebrate in Switzerland. We do have some traditions too, Anika helps set the table, and she gets the turkey leg. It is funny when she bites into it. Celebrating thanksgiving to me, is also that I am thankful to have a wonderful family and great friends here in the US, I do miss my family in Switzerland, but I am thankful for what I have here.
It's a good thing.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Blogger Emily said…

    Claudia, Don't be jealous of our snow. It only lasted a few hours. lol

    Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving. Good for you. It's nice that you are having a good visit with your in-laws and got a little alone time with your husband. It's so hard sometimes when the kids are little.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Where did you live in Switzerland, Claudia? ShellyC's husband comes from Basel, which is where they lived for 7 years before moving to Australia 2 years ago.

    I spent a couple of wonderful holidays over there. It's such a spectacularly beautiful country.

     
  • At 2:12 AM, Blogger Alice said…

    Claudia - I'm not sure if you have found Windows To Our World blogsite (there is a link on my site)? Karim is an American lady married to a Swiss, as is her friend Melissa. Karim has some lovely photos of Switzerland on her blog, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home