Chuchi Chaechschtli.... What?

This is my journal, as a 37 year old mom of two, that tries to balance, family and every thing else, life trows at me.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Random Notes...

For right now, we still have blue skies, but they say, we should get some clouds and winds should pick up this afternoon. The good thing it won't be 101 degrees like it was yesterday. The weatherman says that we are going to feel the effects of Rita beginning next week and then we could have some severe flooding. I sure hope not.
Austin, has been hosting 8000 evacuees so far, and they are expecting a lot more. The grocery stores are madhouses. I couldn't get milk yesterday and there was allmost no bread left, peanutbutter was gone, soups were gone and Water was out. I am going to fill every Pitcher I have and some recycling bottles with water, just in case. Anika might get early dismissal if they are opening her school as a shelter. Everybody is in my thoughts and prayers.
Steve's company closed the office in Houston on Wednesday to make sure their employees will be save. I never experienced anything like this in Switzerland. Yes we have big thunderstorms, and flooding. But nothins like this. It scares me a bit.
Soccer games also have been cancelled. So I guess tomorrow, will be a fun day, I am getting some videos to watch tomorrow, and I am also planning to scrapbook with my friend.

OTN: Well Rogue is still waiting to be blocked, I hope I can get myself in gear and do it this weekend. I restarted Pies are square shawl, cause I didn't like the way it looked, and started to knit it with a #6 now instead of #8. It looks so much better. I am also still waiting on some orange yarn for more cunning hats which I need to make at least two of this weekend. I hope it comes in the mail today. Then of course Branching out.
This is it for now. I will post weight loss stuff tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Spike said…

    Take care Claudia and know you are in my prayers.

    All will be fine..I am sure they are just making sure all are prepared after what happened with Katrina....better safe than sorry.

    Just knit, enjoy your family and realize how luck you are.

     
  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger luvs2knit said…

    Claudia, You are in my thoughts. My brother and sister-in-law live in Cedar Park. So, I'm sending you good vibes over your Blog.

    Take care and be safe.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home